History of CFP
Another dream comes true…
In 1998, three generations of family members of Cervantes New Mexican Restaurant put their talents together to create a line of all-natural, ready-to-serve products. Cervantes Food Products, Inc. was born and their vision of offering the same great tastes enjoyed by many at their restaurant was realized.
How do we do this? Our style hasn’t changed for our ready-to-serve, specialty chile sauces and salsa. We start with family recipes that have been handed down for over 100 years, combine premium quality all-natural ingredients, and red and green chiles guaranteed to be grown in the chile capital of the world, the beautiful Mesilla Valley, in southern New Mexico. We then add the right combination of spices to create the rich and distinctive flavors representative of the Land of Enchantment.
Meet Cervantes Salsa
Designed for today’s fast-paced lifestyles and consumers’ growing appreciation for healthful, yet rich and savory specialty food products, Cervantes Food Products delivers premier quality specialty chile sauces and salsas guaranteed to make chile connoisseurs smile with delight.
Our complete line offers the following benefits:
- Award-winning products with a 35 year history
- Bold tastes with less salt, fewer calories, and NO fat or cholesterol
- Premium quality all-natural ingredients with no artificial preservatives, colors, chemical additives, fillers, or animal products
- Custom packaging available
- Products produced in our own fully licensed manufacturing facility
- Hispanic, woman-owned specialty food company
- Cervantes’ line of chile-based culinary sauces, salsas, and gift items offer lower sodium, healthy options for gourmet and specialty food fans without sacrificing the traditional bold tastes you are used to enjoying!
We handcraft our products one small batch at a time. And we still take the time to make sure each batch tastes just right so that every jar of sun-dried Cervantes Red Chile, flame-roasted Cervantes Green Chile, and refreshing or Green Chile Salsa is consistently delicious and tastes like it was just prepared in the warm kitchens of New Mexico.
We hope you enjoy our traditional recipes and may you continue to share our products with close family and friends, recall warm memories of your own traditions, and create new ones.